Terms & Conditions
The Multiple Sclerosis Society of South Australia & Northern Territory Inc
Community Fundraising Guidelines
Thank you for your interest in fundraising for The Multiple Sclerosis Society of South Australia & Northern Territory Inc ABN 85 662 359 859 (MS Society). As a charity supporting people living with multiple sclerosis, your community fundraising activities are essential to our ongoing mission to provide reliable information, allied health and social supports to minimise the impact of multiple sclerosis and other neurological conditions.
These terms and conditions have been prepared to assist you in understanding your obligations and our requirements for people involved in running fundraising activities or holding fundraising events for and on behalf of the MS Society.
Please read these terms and conditions carefully and if you agree to accept the terms and conditions please complete the ‘Application to Fundraise Form’ at the back of these terms and conditions (Application Form). Once you have completed the Application Form and returned it to us (as outlined below) we will provide you with an authorisation letter as soon as possible.
- The Community Fundraiser means the individual or organisation managing or holding the fundraising activity or event on behalf of the MS Society. They will be the person or organisation named on the Application Form.
- Fundraising means the fundraising activity or event outlined by the Community Fundraiser in the Application Form and for which an Authority has been issued by the MS Society.
- Fundraising for the MS Society
- The MS Society is legally required to approve and authorise all volunteer fundraising activities. The MS Society will notify you in writing once your request has been approved and you should not start any fundraising until you receive this written authority.
- Application Forms should be sent either:
- by mail to PO Box 377, Salisbury South DC, South Australia 5106 (MS Society Office); or
- by email to email@example.com.
- The MS Society is not able to accept Application Forms from people residing outside of Australia or for fundraising that takes place outside Australia, but non-residents are able to make online donations to the MS Society at https://www.ms.asn.au or https://www.teammssant.org.au.
- Because of the health focus and charitable nature of the MS Society there are some fundraising activities that cannot be associated with the MS Society. These include:
- fundraising that promotes smoking or unhealthy habits;
- fundraising which poses a risk to either participants or the general public;
- fundraising activities that are unlawful, unethical or immoral; and
- fundraising activities that do not embody the values of the MS Society.
- If we consider that fundraising falls outside of what is acceptable for the MS Society, we will let you know why we cannot authorise the requested fundraising and, if possible, suggest changes which may make the activity or event acceptable to the MS Society.
- It is the MS Society’s preference that the Community Fundraiser uses the MS Society official tamper-proof collection containers (which can be requested in the Application Form) (MS Society Container) to collect funds in connection with the Fundraising. In some special circumstances where a Community Fundraiser is unable to use the MS Society Container, the MS Society may (in its discretion) provide authority for other methods to transfer funds raised from the Fundraising (such as credit card or bank transfer).
- If you are approved, you will be provided with a letter giving you authority to undertake the specified Fundraising for and on behalf of the MS Society (Authority). This Authority will only be issued when:
- a signed Application Form has been received and reviewed by the MS Society;
- the Fundraising has been confirmed as appropriate for the MS Society; and
- the MS Society considers that the Fundraising does not hold a high risk.
- Any changes which you decide are necessary for your Fundraising should be reported to the MS Society as soon as possible.
- Community Fundraiser
- All Fundraising activities conducted for the MS Society must be conducted in the name of the Community Fundraiser and is the responsibility of the Community Fundraiser.
- If a Community Fundraiser is an individual under the age of 18 (Child):
- they should get their parent or guardian (Parent) to sign the Application Form;
- the Child’s Fundraising will need to be supervised by the Parent;
- the Child must be accompanied by the Parent whenever collecting donations; and
- the Parent will assume all responsibility and liability for the Fundraising including any liability under clause 8.
- Assistance from the MS Society
- While we can help with your Fundraising in a number of ways, you must be aware that the MS Society is not able to take a co-ordination or management role, nor can we assist in providing or soliciting prizes, organising publicity or providing volunteers, goods or other services to you in connection with the Fundraising.
- MS Society has insurance for its own employees and events.